Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving
Personality traits of INFP:
- Strong personal values.
- Feels deeply. Personalizes everything.
- Require inner harmony.
- Considered a dreamer.
- Easily empathize with others. Sometimes too much for their own good.
- May be slow to make new friends.
- Appear detached, when they are anything but that.
- Slow to open up and reveal themselves.
- Conflict, whether they are part of it, or simply observing it, causes anxiety.
- Soft spoken.
- Enjoy reading. Prefer fiction.
- Often run late.
What Parents need to know about INFP children:
- Offer constant love and reassurance. They will become moody and negative without it.
- Try not to argue in front of your INFP children. Conflict causes anxiety.
- Offer them private opportunities to express themselves. They are unlikely to do so in the company of others.
- Provide one on one play dates that don’t involve aggression or rough play.
- Need quiet and alone time to process information.
- Offer them time to reflect before being asked to speak to new information.
- They are more likely to have one best friend, then a group of friends.
- Be cautious about yelling or speaking harshly. They are deeply hurt by both.
- Influence by validating their feelings and partnering with them in developing solutions.