Personality trains of Extraverted Sensing Thinking Judging (ESTJ):
- Very logical
- Responsible, even at a young age
- Learn from experience
- True to their word
- Active and outgoing
What Parents need to know about ESTJ Children:
- Offer clear and explicit instructions. They will take direction literally.
- Give advance notice of change. Help them prepare for it. Expose them little by little when possible.
- They thrive with routine and structure.
- Model compassion and empathy. It won’t come natural to them. Use logic to explain benefits of showing compassion. Model compassion often.
- Teach them how to soften their words for the sake of other’s feelings. Give them scripts when possible.
- Do as you say. They’ll hold you to it.
- Provide time outdoors and opportunities to burn off energy.
- Be direct and honest. No need to sugarcoat.
- When explaining rules, also explain the logic behind them. They’re driven by logic, not emotion.
- Help them master decision-making. If anything, they’re too quick to close a door.